Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Princess Pillow Cake
Yesterday was a big day for me. I finally proved to myself that I can make a really cool, worthy of payment, cake!! i offered to make a cake for a friends daughters 10th birthday. So I thought about it for a bit and went BIG! Right, isn't the saying "Go big or go home!" Well I went for it. I studied up on how to make a pillow cake. Well here is the final product! Yahooo it looks cool. The birthday girl loved it and I got so many Ooohhhhs and Aaaahhhhhs. Felt really gratifying. So Here it it. I used two 8" squear pans and put them botton to bottom. Iced it covered it with homemade marshmallow fondant. I used the Cricut Cake to make the tiara and words. The cartridges I used were Storybook and elegant cakes. Thanks for looking. (Oh, I've already got and order for my very first PAID cake!! Yahoo)

3 comments:

Court said...

as you should! This cake is phenomenal! Can you post a tutorial? I have no idea how you did the cording or what looks life tufting! So amazing! If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would LOVE your recipe for the marshmallow fondant! AND you should totally post this on the message boards!!! The girls would go crazy over there! Jinger also picks a cake of the week and the winner gets something over at the Cricut Cake Facebook website. I'm proud to "know" you! :)

Amber Ink said...

Oh MY GOSH...Are you frickin' kidding me??? This is a cake? I was just surfing around and I for sure thought that was made with fabric. I'm bookmarking this! Someday you will make a princess cake for me!!!

Amber Ink said...

Okay...second try here. Just wanted to say that I cannot believe that this is a cake! I SOOOO thought it was made out of velvet or something! I am bookmarking you and Someday, Somehow, you will make a cake for me!