Monday, August 15, 2011

Here are some cakes I've made since the last post. I seem to be a really slow blogger. Sorry :-( . Life is so fast paced and with a 5yr old and 2 teenagers my time on the family computer is very limited. lol.
A nurse graduation cake with 75 matching cake pops. This cake was so fun to make and the expression on the client was priceless. I love to see how people enjoy the look and taste of their cakes.
Here is a bowling cake for a 40th Bowling birthday celebration. The birthday boy's nicknamed is spider.
Here is a sports themed red/black/white cake for a fun 13th birthday celebration. This cake was special because the top layer is completely gluten free chocolate, the middle was chocolate with an oreo filling and the bottom was vanilla with chocolate chip filling. So much fun!This cake was may tiered entry into the San Tan Festival of Cakes. I did a beach theme complete with surf boards, Adirondack chair, shells, sand and surf. I used foam dummies as this cake was to be displayed in the mall for 4 days. The tiers were off set which gave me a little more room to make each beach scene.Here is the purse cake that I also entered in the San Tan Festival of Cakes contest. I entered it into the 3D category and won first place! Yeah, this was the first time I'd ever entered a cake contest. I learned a ton of dos and don'ts. There were also some reallt cool cake classes on everything from figures and flowers to cake pops and shoes. So much fun. I won 3rd place overall in the beginners category.

2 comments:

Court said...

You are so ridiculously talented! are the heels made from sugar too or are those real? I am ALWAYS amazed by your cakes and you totally deserved first place!!!

Claire said...

Court, you are sooooo sweet! Thank you. Yes the heels were also made of gumpaste. I had such a great time at the cake show and am sooo addicted tot he whole cake thing now. Thank you so much for the sweet comments!